Who & What
Find out more about Hotwire, who we are and what we do.
Hotwire is a leading communications and advisory family of brands headquartered in Botswana and quickly making our mark across the region. Our passion, focus and expertise lays in establishing and nurturing mutually beneficial relationships for businesses and their stakeholders.
Established in 2005, we are the home of brand champions and seasoned marketers who do not only develop, grow and nurture brands; rather, we are specialists in relationships and the management of perceptions. With a reputation for contagious creativity and intelligent collaboration, we are committed to delivering the best possible communications solutions for and with our clients.
Within the Hotwire family of brands are Hotwire Public Relations Consultancy (PRC) (the leading PR and Public Affairs consultancy in Botswana and making its mark in the region); Wired (a leading advertising, creative and digital agency); The Hotwire Academy (a dedicated communications training business); Hotwire Research (a dedicated research and insights business); Tiki Media Holdings (Botswana’s first dedicated media buy and collateral procurement business); and Binns Desai Advisory (BDA – a high level strategic advisory business).
Our Purpose is to find, nurture, and grow mutually beneficial and meaningful relationships. We do this for a set of very special clients who have given us the privilege and honour of what matters most to any organisation: its relationships.
Relationships with customers, suppliers, staff, Regulators, and other key stakeholders. In fact, all kinds of relationships that are important to an organisation form our playing field. We are an elite team of consultants who support our clients on a myriad of levels. Thus, we are specialist consultants for market movers and shakers. We are doers, and what unites us is our common passion for building compelling multiplatform narratives for businesses that we love. We are confident others will love them too. We invest our time and passion in growing relationships that stick.
We believe that in order to remain the very best at what we do and leave a truly indelible mark in our clients’ lives, we must have the very best team. We recruit, retain and invest in the very best talent in the market, and all our staff are ViRi-fied, veritable Hotwirers at heart.
Our passion and our focus are within the Public Relations and Public Affairs consulting space.
PR strategy development and implementation
Data Science: Research, Insights and Market Intelligence
Stakeholder relationship management, including media relations
Events & experiences
Digital content development and execution
Content Publishing, including Annual Reports and Investor Publications
Hotwire is proud to be a member of the following organisations
Business Botswana is a business association of employers representing employers in all sectors of the Botswana economy in an advocacy capacity to promote growth, best practice and economic sustainability. We are proud members.
The ACA acts as a representative of all advertising and communications agencies in Botswana to create a peer sharing forum to improve and strengthen the various professions in communications. We are proud members.
The Association of Botswana Commercial Researchers was formed in 2017 to be a voluntary body that represents and supports commercial researchers in Botswana. We are a proud Founding Member.
A number of our staff are Members and/or Accredited Members of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (UK). We also subscribe to the CIPR Code of Conduct.
Over the years, we are pleased to have been awarded a number of leading industry accolades from the below bodies
Hotwire was named Best Medium-Sized Business at the 2017 Grant Thornton Private Business Growth Awards, hosted in association with Business Botswana and Botswana Investment and Trade Centre (BITC). The Awards seek to recognise privately-held businesses that approach growth from a strategic and holistic perspective. We are the first communications business to have received this accolade.
- Diamond Arrow Award Best Marketing Company 2017
- Diamond Arrow Award Best Public Relations Company 2017
- Diamond Arrow Award Most Innovative Company 2017
- Diamond Arrow Award Best Marketing Company 2016
- Diamond Arrow Award Best Marketing Company 2015
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Annual Corporate Reporting Awards
- Runner-Up Best Design 2007 for BTC
- Overall winner Best Design 2008 for BTC
- Overall winner Best Design 2009 for BTC
- Overall winner Best Design 2010 for BTC
- Overall winner Best Design 2011 for BIHL
- Overall winner Best Design 2012 for BIHL
- Overall winner Best Design 2014 for BIHL
- Overall winner Best Design 2016 for BIHL
- Overall winner Best Design 2017 for Letshego Holdings Limited
- Gold for Integrated Communications – Debswana JPSL
- Gold for Design Craft – “Do You Give A F*ck?”
- Silver for Printed Communications Design – The BIHL Group Annual Report 2013
- Silver for PR – Stanbic Bank Botswana’s Chief Executive’s Charity Ride
- Silver for PR – Lilac Media Awards 2013
- Bronze for PR – Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA) .bw campaign
- Bronze for Printed Communications Design – Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA) .bw campaign
- Bronze for Design Craft – Botswana Communications Regulatory Authority (BOCRA) .bw campaign